To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bellview, FL 32526
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mainframe Systems Programmer (z/Os)
Navy Federal Credit Union • Bellview, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develops basic knowledge of industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
Support the mainframe z/OS operating system environment and all the mainframe vendor products that are used for supporting both production and test environments. The z/OS System Engineer is responsible for maintaining the z/OS environment, which primarily includes: keeping the operating system and program products at their most current level, performance and tuning, debugging and troubleshooting system related issues, and providing technical support to the application development community. The candidate must have expert knowledge and hands-on experience, working with the latest generation of IBM mainframes, and the more recent releases of the z/OS operating system. The candidate must also provide expert guidance to the application development community and the data center operations staff, in all areas of operating systems functionality, as well as mainframe program products usage.
• Anticipate and adjust for potential impact
• Apply engineering principles to the design and enhancement of systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Full life-cycle project management (See JD for details)
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform engineering tasks/assignments in support of business needs
• Perform research, procurement, deployment and configuration of systems
• Present clear, organized & concise information to audiences to enable business decisions
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment
• Provide technical leadership in architecture discipline & development of IT solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• z/OS operating system installation and customization using the IBM Serverpac process
• Provide day to day operational support
• Program product (IBM and ISV) installation and customization
• Performance and tuning activities, which includes monitoring the system activities and making recommendations to the application developers on how to improve the overall performance of their application
• Works with minimal direction from the Service Manager and with business unit’s nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks
• Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions
• Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and business units
• Uses knowledge tools and reuses information for the benefit of projects, support ticket resolution, and professional development
• Review and update the mainframe disaster recovery procedures as needed
• Apply operating system and program product fixes on a regular basis
• Analyze and debug operating system and program product related issues
• Provide technical input on best practices for operating system configurations, in areas of resiliency; manageability and performance
• Participate in Oncall Rotation (as required) for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities
• Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational, planning and time management skills
• Database and presentation software skills
• Research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Engineering discipline
• Skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Skill guiding and training less experienced staff
• Manage complex full life-cycle IT projects or teams to include cost/resource/time estimation
• Strong knowledge of z/OS operating system architecture, internals, operations, and recovery scenarios
• Experience in the installation and customization of ISV products from Computer Associates; BMC; Compuware; Dino Software; and other Independant Software Vendors
• Ability to code user exits in either Assembler, REXX, or COBOL
• Experience with mainframe automation tools such as: AutoOperator, OPS/MVS, or AF/Remote
• Experience with various TCP/IP Mainframe networking configurations
• Hands-on experience with I/O configuration definitions using HCD
• Excellent debugging skills and expert knowledge of IPCS
• Working experience with major subsystems, such as: CICS, DB2, and MQSeries
• Must be familiar with mainframe performance and tuning best practices, as well as expert knowledge of various monitoring tools, such as: CA Sysview; Omegamon/MVS, Omegamon/CICS, RMF, and CMF
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability