To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mattoon, IL 61938
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inside Sales Manager
Anixter Inc • Mattoon, IL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Manage the day-to-day operations of the inside sales function. Ensure customers and outside sales staff receive prompt and efficient service. Primarily by phone, places sales orders, requests sales quotes, inquiries about product availability, and asks other sales/service related questions. Provide high level customer service while maximizing sales and gross profit. Maintain profitability through report analysis, identification of trends, identifying problems and implementing solutions.
* Reviews estimates, quotes and sales orders written by the inside sales staff. Observes and evaluates work performance staff, provides instruction and assigns duties. Administers guidelines for consistent quoting. Follows-up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
* Ensures staff receives adequate training in computer systems, sales and operations SOPs, product knowledge, and sales techniques.
* Assist staff in resolving problems associated with customer service, product availability, price, and product warranty and product delivery.
* Creates PO's using line disposition. Follows up on all sales orders, back orders, and special orders to ensure full shipment. Reviews the Back Order Report daily and expedites any pending back orders.
* Researches and prepares sales orders and quotes for customers and outside sales staff according to specifications and information provided. Provides reliable information regarding product specifications, product suitability, pricing and availability.
* Keeps outside sales staff informed about all business activity that has transpired with his/her account base.
* Handles customer inquiries and problem resolution when an outside salesperson is not available. Contributes to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge. Attends all assigned product knowledge meetings and workshops.
We are looking for candidates with:
* Prior Electrical Utility Distribution experience preferred
*Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
* Prior Supervisory experience.
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
* Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
* Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
* Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
* 401k with 50% company match
* Vacation time
* Holiday pay
* Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life insurance programs
* Short and Long Term Disability programs
* Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
* Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran