Homestead Hills, Winston-Salem's premier Retirement Community, is
seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing Services to be a part of our
talented clinical team to oversee and manage nursing responsibilities.
The Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing will work
together to help residents maintain the highest quality of life.
The Assistant Director of Nursing will assist in evaluating residents
in skilled nursing and assisted living, with oversight of our CNA and
LPN team. The ADON will work with the Resident Care Director, as well
as DON, to help educate and ensure compliance with North Carolina
The Ideal candidate must; have a current state licensure
as a RN in good standing with the Board of Nursing, have a shared
vision with the team, focused on providing excellent clinical care,
and present a positive attitude each day that will help foster an
environment focused on continued improvement to meet team members,
residents and families’ needs and expectations.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
Four year college or university degree desired.
- Current state
licensure as a RN required.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Administrative and
management experience required.
- Two years experience in a
similar healthcare position required.
- Five years of healthcare
- Remain in good standing with all standards
of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel) plus the willingness to learn other computer
programs if required.
- Ability to work with minimal or close
- Must conduct all business with a professional
manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
knowledge of prescription drugs, therapy practices and
- Have valid drivers license.
- Work indoors for the majority of the work
day (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted and tile flooring,
normal office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Ability to work in
time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Exposed to
physical/verbal abuse by certain residents under mental or physical
- Exposure to needles, infections, wounds, medical
equipment, and the like.
- Sit in a chair / stand for extended
- Respond to medical emergencies in all areas of the
- Assist with resident evacuations.
Benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision, Education Reimbursement,
401k with match & 26 days of PTO.
Licensed Practical Nurse