To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor, Business Analytics
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To supervise the day-to-day activities of a team of analysts responsible for the completion of complex analyses, data modeling, reporting, and dashboard development to drive operations, important business decisions, and mitigate risk/loss in the Lending Department. Perform consultative support for analytic efforts for various business units across the department. Identify and recommend solutions, practices, and innovative techniques that align with strategic business initiatives, anticipate market changes and trends, and meet financial goals. This position works under minimal supervision and supports all Lending business product areas including credit cards, consumer loans, real estate, business services, and education lending.
• Supervise the design and completion of business reporting, analysis, and dashboard development ensuring necessary analytics and reporting tools are in place to achieve optimal results
• Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support organization strategies, tactics, and learning solutions that support business unit objectives
• Consult with stakeholders and business partners to effectively define KPIs and short/long-term goals and objectives, initiatives, and actions plans
• Develop mathematical models to perform complex “what-if” scenarios, pro formas, and predictions to determine costs, take-up rates, breakeven period, cost versus benefit, forecast various profit/loss scenarios, estimate and mitigate risk, and assess the impact on existing products and services
• Drive continuous process improvement to increase member experience quality, reduce losses, minimize financial risk and maintain high operational efficiency
• Produce complex and detailed reports, projections, and solutions to establish and strengthen system controls, facilitate process management and data reconciliation, and optimize methodologies
• Develop business intelligence dashboards to inform decision-making and facilitate risk monitoring
• Monitor internal processes and perform quality control to ensure adherence to regulations, Navy Federal policies, and industry practices
• Provide conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders based on results of analyses and business unit goals
• Provide support in the implementation of proposed initiatives
• Address and resolve internal/external audit data requests
• Maintain knowledge of department automated systems and business processes, markets, the financial services industry (e.g., NCUA, RESPA, CPB), security (e.g., BSA, AML), legal issues and regulatory changes, and Navy Federal business strategies
• Lead or participate in organization-wide special project teams
• Perform supervisory responsibilities
o Supervise daily activities
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct and conduct performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor and counsel staff
o Provide input and/or prepare budgetary requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
o Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
o Ensure efficiency of operations
• Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Extensive experience in forecasting and analyzing cost benefit scenarios
• Demonstrated experience applying techniques used in analyzing and reporting financial information
• Advanced analytical/quantitative, reconciliation and deductive reasoning skills
• Advanced research, data mining/querying, analysis, business intelligence dashboard development, and reporting skills
• Advanced knowledge of statistical methods/mathematical techniques and related analytical/data collection tools such as SAS, R, Python, SQL, JMP, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.
• Working knowledge of Federal, NCUA and NAFCU rules, regulations, and legislation which govern the functions of the business unit
• Experience in supervising and leading employees
• Advanced skill in exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced organizational, planning, time management, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple duties to achieve results in a multi-tasked, time sensitive office environment
• Advanced skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate highly complex technical concepts to non-technical and senior management staff
• Skill in negotiation and persuasion
• Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with all levels of employees, management, stakeholders, and vendors
• Experience in project leadership and execution, including initiatives with technology, processes, cross-functional teams and external partner team members
• Demonstrated skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation
• Proficiency with PCs, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, reporting, automated controls, and presentation software
• Desired – Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Auditing, Finance, or related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Desired – Understanding of the financial services environment
• Desired – Familiarity with Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability