Human Resources Generalist
New York, NY
The Human Resources Generalist provides a full range of support for HR program activities across multiple functions including Recruitment and Employee Relations. The Generalist provides advice and assistance to department managers regarding Bank policies and procedures and supports the full recruitment lifecycle, including sourcing candidates, placing job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting background checks and extending employment offers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high touch support to assigned Branch Districts and business units by meeting their day-to-day HR needs.
- Consult with managers regarding the interpretation of company policies, equal employment opportunities, compensation, employee benefits and disciplinary matters.
- Assist with development of Bank employment policies and procedures; work with Manager of Recruitment & Employee Relations to maintain and update policy guides including the Employee Handbook and New Hire Guide.
- Ensure quality delivery of HR services through meaningful metrics, reports, dashboards, and continuous process improvement; track and analyze staffing, retention, turnover data and other information necessary to provide insight for informed talent decisions.
- Manage employee life cycle from conducting new hire orientations to participating in employee termination process.
- Oversee recruitment process for assigned departments or branches by collaborating with hiring managers to discuss staffing needs, prepare/post recruitment advertisements, screen resumes, schedule interviews and extend formal offer to the most qualified candidate.
- Interview selected applicants and gather pertinent data including but not limited to education, experience, training, job skills and salary requirements; ensure candidates are treated equally and in compliance with applicable laws (EEO & ADA) and other federal compliance requirements.
- Monitor background verification process after the offer has been extended.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues including EEOC claims, harassment, discrimination, etc.; handle disciplinary actions to conclusion.
- Work with managers to develop relevant solutions in order to mitigate employee performance issues.
- Conduct exit interviews; analyze data, and makes recommendations to management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with various federal and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
- Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR) preferred but not required.
- 2+ years in an HR Generalist /Business Partner role with experience in recruitment, talent development and/or employee relations required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute recruitment plans to source the required volume of appropriate candidates.
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment laws, employee relations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Prior experience using an ATS a must; experience utilizing ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS system a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable providing coaching and feedback to all levels.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse client base, while establishing trust and credibility with employees at all levels.
- Extraordinary diplomacy and capacity to manage highly confidential information with discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Apple Bank offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and more, to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Automated Data Processing (Adp)