To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Special Venues Sales Supervisor
UPS • San Diego, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S. and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Special Venue Sales Supervisor is responsible for developing relationships with host venues for the non-traditional The UPS Store centers and identifying new opportunities to achieve department booking and revenue goals. He/she will conduct sales calls for non- traditional franchise development. This position will travel to the host site (hotels and universities) for face to face meetings to gather information about their organizations and identify opportunities for solutions. The Special Venue Sales Supervisor must be able to travel based on business needs. This position manages others within the region.
The Special Venue Sales Supervisor will sell solutions to host site to secure placement of The UPS Store on their property. He/She will provide proposals to satisfy their business needs and presents solutions to host site to gain approval of proposals and move forward with the sales process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attends industry trade shows and networking events to connect with decision makers
- Customizes standardized presentation templates with host site information to illustrate benefits of solutions, managing generation and distribution of responses to RFP bid proposals
- Researches industry specific data to effectively recommend and position solutions
- Collaborates with area development managers and area franchisees to identify and secure franchisee for new non-traditional center
- Participates in monthly calls to update Business Development (BD) teams on integration and operational issues
- Negotiates contracts with host sites, establish expectations, and manage timelines
- Reviews information to assess account performance and generate reports for management
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline to funnel and book sales in the timeline intended
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems
- Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration - Preferred
- Experiences with Business-to-Business or Business-to-Consumer Sales - Preferred
- Experience working in the Franchise Industry - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law