Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Administrative Assistant at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will provide administrative support for the New Development Planning department and interact daily with management, staff, and external contacts.
As a Senior Administrative Assistant, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Direct internal and external customer correspondences to appropriate person/department (e.g. billing, logistics, offline support, etc.) including handling confidential and sensitive telephone calls, files, documents, and reports.
- Manage multiple projects and manager calendars, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, and conference calls for project and management staff.
- Generate and process research reports, meter order backlog, inactive lists, pending cancellations, and various other reports.
- File electronic and paper documents, including processing invoices, contracts, supply orders, purchase requests, ledgers, and expense reports.
- Process incoming information and update department databases as the need arises while generating reports and preparing documents and materials using MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Order supplies and equipment submit and track repair and maintenance orders.
- Serves as a back up to other administrative support in the region as needed.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- File and process electronic and paper documents, invoices, bills, contracts, supply orders, purchase requests, and expense reports as needed.
- Verify contracts are complete for work orders.
- Create and maintain hub rosters and databases.
- Three or more years of advanced administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions
- Experience utilizing office productivity tools or databases such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or SAP to gather information, analyze & compile data, and create & edit reports, documents, and presentations.
- Associate Degree
- Three or more years of experience tracking the progress of projects, tasks, or assignments using software and/or databases.
- Ability to track and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and analyze slightly technical information.
- Experience researching, coordinating, and finalizing moderately complex assignments.
- Comfortable working in a multi-task environment, taking direction from multiple staff with minimal supervision.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality, handling sensitive information, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, interact effectively and collaboratively with clients, peers, management, and other work units both on the phone and in person.
- Moderate to advanced experience with Microsoft’s suite of office applications.
- Ability to compile information and enter data into computer applications and/or various databases.
- Performs well with minimal supervision, works well under pressure to meet changing deadlines, and possesses excellent organizational skills.
You should know …
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our [ Link removed ] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our [ Link removed ] to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203) and EEI BCAB (Test 5206). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at
- Accounts Receivable