Veolia Energy has entered a long-term O&M Services Agreement with Georgia Renewable Power. GRP is currently building two 65 MW biomass-fueled power plants in north Georgia. Veolia Energy will be supporting the commissioning and startup, and has put together high performance teams for each plant with limited openings left.
The Control Room Operate will under general direction, operate a single stoker biomass fired Foster Wheeler boiler and one (1) 65 MW Siemens Steam Turbine Generator set utilizing a Siemens SPPA T3000 Distributed Control System. The Control Room Operator responsibilities will include operation of all associated equipment, in order to provide safe and environmental compliant electrical generation. The Control Room Operator will be expected to direct activities from the Control Room that are necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and maintains proper operation of all machinery.
- Follows and promotes standard and established practices, refers to operation and service manuals to evaluate and maintain proper operation of all machinery.
- Ability to efficiently operate distributed control systems (DCS) to control boilers, steam turbine, and their ancillary equipment.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner pertaining to the operation of the power plant equipment
- Operates equipment to ensure uninterrupted power generation to the grid.
- Monitors and records pressures, temperatures, and fuel consumption on the operating equipment.
- Identifies and informs appropriate individual of symptoms requiring maintenance action.
- Has knowledge to ensure the safe operating condition of machinery and takes immediate corrective action should unsafe conditions exist.
- May be required to obtain a certification to wear a full-face respirator
- Performs and promotes work in a safe manner according to established safety procedures and reports or rectifies any unsafe conditions.
- Displays willingness to work in a team environment and follow directions and instructions from members of management.
- Must be present and ready to begin working at the designated time.
- Must be available to work occasional scheduled or unscheduled overtime, as required.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts that include holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must have ability to interface diplomatically with other employees and the public.
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 70-lb load.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 plus years’ experience in power generation industry operating steam generators and steam turbines to produce electricity to the grid with at least 2 of those years as a Control Room Operator
- Extensive hands on experience in the operation and maintenance of steam generators, specifically solid fuel boilers.
- Valid Georgia drivers license or the ability to obtain.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a certification to wear a full-face respirator
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals and drawings, and procedures
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (Front End Loader, Fork Lift)
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of daily plant logs
- Familiar with distributed control systems (DCS) and human machine interfaces (HMI’s) controlling complex systems
- Familiar with basic Microsoft Office products as well as Google applications.
- Must have experience with sound safety practices using hand tools and power equipment related to job assignments
- Able to work rotating-shift assignments to support plant operations
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication
- Ability to properly view colors as they relate to a Control Room and distributed control system application
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 70 pounds
- Possess strong emotional intelligence and steadfast composure
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Ability to accurately communicate over a radio
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Associate Degree in Power Plant Operations or Navy Nuclear or Gas Turbine training and experience
- Training on the operation of boiler/turbine DCS controls,
- experience and training with Siemens SST-600 steam turbines and a Siemens Gen-100A generators
- experience and training with Siemens SPPA T3000 DCS
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)