DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently seeking an Industrial Engineering Co-op within our Engineering Department. The selected candidate will participate on our labor management team. The candidate will support cost saving opportunities, research into new technologies/equipment, and interact with all levels of business professionals. The successful candidate will have the ability to both identify and support implementation of process improvement projects.
- Daily and weekly reporting updates
- Analysis of data
- New equipment analysis (Payback, ROI, etc)
- Utilizing Lean tools to improve processes
- Provide price quotes for customers on an as needed basis
- Candidates must have strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- Candidates must also have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ideal candidate is a full time 40 hour a week Co-op that would be available to start early August for a 6-7 month time frame.