Requisition ID: 150941
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an opening for a dynamic Experienced Structural Engineer in our Construction Engineering Services (CES) Group. The ideal candidate will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing structural calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Our Construction Engineering Services (CES) Group consists of innovative design engineers whose expertise in designing and building temporary structures adds value to the success of our clients’ projects. Additionally, CES provides on-site engineering and coordination support through leading and collaborating with Kiewit’s construction teams.
Our CES group supports design-build tasks that include: Bridge erection & demolition, Cofferdam design, Critical crane lifts, Erection sequencing & staged construction analysis, Hoisting and jacking, Deep foundations and dewatering, Excavation support, Marine engineering, Pile drive analysis, Ductwork analysis, Falsework design, Temporary bridge & trestle, CES estimate support, Working surface design, On-site engineering support.
ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3, up one spot from last year's No. 4 ranking.
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS Office.
- Develop drawings and calculations for temporary works and construction methods including:
- Heavy lift plans (site logistics, equipment selection, geometry/feasibility studies, design of custom rigging and lifting devices, hoisting and jacking systems, custom tools, and crane pad / working surface designs)
- Erection procedures or planned sequences related to construction or demolition operations
- Evaluation of existing structures for construction loads and/or demolition planning
- Structural analysis to ensure stability during the temporary condition of new bridges, viaducts, buildings, tunnels, and other structures (for example: construction staging, design of temporary falsework systems, and rebar cage hoisting and support)
- Support of excavation systems or cofferdams for construction below grade
- Temporary bridges, trestles, work platforms, fall protection systems, formwork, and other features relating to our construction operations
- Perform and/or review others’ calculations and design drawings, according to industry codes, standards, additional client design criteria, and structural theories
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the design deliverables
- Help to identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
- Assist in Project Management (budgets, schedules, quality control, and coordination / communication with clients)
- Other responsibilities include: Project on-site design engineering support, on-site inspections, training and mentoring E.I.T.’s, etc.
- Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
- 5 - 10 years of relevant engineering experience
- Professional Engineer licensure or eligibility within the United States
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, BlueBeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
- Experience with working in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments
- Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Auto Cad
- Build Management
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring