To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
15Q Air Traffic Control Operator
Army National Guard • Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Take control of the skies as an Air Traffic Control Operator for The Army National Guard! You will utilize your organizational skills to track planes and helicopters, and ensure safe flight operations by providing precise instructions to your crew.
Advanced Air Traffic Control Operators provide guidance on technical issues to other Soldiers. They also brief shift personnel on runway utilization, airfield conditions, weather, and ground activity. The skills you learn as an Air Traffic Control Operator will qualify you to work in civilian air traffic control towers and centers at airports and airfields.
• Control airborne and ground traffic
• Assist in the installation/relocation of tactical air traffic control facilities
• Process flight plan data and maintain logs, records, files, and tape recordings of voice communications
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Air traffic control management and operational procedures
• Communications and radar procedures
• Aircraft recognition
• Takeoff, landing, and ground control procedures
• Interest in work requiring accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Decisiveness and working within strict standards
• Ability to work as a team member
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Air Traffic Control Operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Then you will attend Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which consists of 14 weeks of additional training. Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.