Join Us for Our Virtual Job Fair
Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 11:00am CDT
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting Customer Service opportunities!
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Training classes start soon - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1311 W Pres George Bush Hwy, Richardson, TX 75080.
If you are located in the Richardson, TX area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conductedvirtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are. Takea deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisisand search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at:[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Provider Customer Service Representative - Remote within Richardson, TX (Virtual Job Fair)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
- Reside within Ricahrdson, TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. Thehealth and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are takinga science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforceback to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitorand assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attentionto geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000team members and their families, providing them with resources and support asthey continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hiretraining classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell appand UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealthGroup team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEODave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increasedsanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identifyas high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remainworking from home
You can learn more aboutall we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Provider Customer Service Representative - Remote within Richardson, TX (Virtual Job Fair)
Helping create positive customer experiences forproviders and our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join usas we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you canstart doing your life’s best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let'stalk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving morethan 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputationfor bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion forexcellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get thepicture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states andcommunities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across theglobe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment toimprove their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It'swhere you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealthGroup is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - freeworkplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginningemployment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customerservice, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, healthcare,health care, office, phone support, training class, hiring immediately, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute,hiring immediately