Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $4,000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
This is a full time, benefits eligible position. This position will be in our Raymore location 4 days/week and one day/week at the Lee's Summit location.
The Nurse LPN/RN is part of the person-centered integrated care team and establishes and maintains effective, professional working relationships with patients and their representatives and with medical staff. The Nurse upholds all guidelines set forth in the clinic, maintains strict patient confidentiality, accepts and upholds patient service and satisfaction and assists practitioners and physicians in delivering health care services.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient's histories, vital signs, and document in patient chart.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Perform venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs and other procedures as directed.
- Administer immunizations and other injections
- Provide patient education and instruction
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization
- Assist physicians/nurse practitioners in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals
- Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments
- Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral/triage, relay messages and documents accordingly
- Maintain patients' files, records, and other information
- Adhere to standard precautions, as appropriate, i.e., use protective barriers, handle and dispose infectious waste appropriately, proper hand washing
- Follow CLIA and OSHA regulations
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and equipment
- Monitor supply of medical stock, medical supplies, and laboratory needs or order supplies when necessary
- Assist in contacting/collaborating medical providers regarding significant health information
- Monitor HIT tools and reports for treatment and medication alerts and hospital admissions/discharges and for the purposes of pre-visit planning
- Triage medical questions and requests for medication refills in accordance with agency policies medical provider preferences, and license scope of practice
- Serve as medical/nursing consultant to clinical services staff and persons served
- Contact patients who have been discharged from the Hospital/ED within 3 days to review discharge plans/instructions, medication reconciliation, and assess need for timely follow-up appointment with primary care provider
- Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member
- RN positions may serve roles within the clinic to support quality, safety, education, and compliance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
High School/Ged Required
Practical Nursing Certificate or Associates/Bachelor's in Nursing required
WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- At least two (2) years' experience as a licensed practical nurse in providing medical nursing treatment to individuals treated in a primary health care setting preferred
- Experience and efficiency with healthcare technology software preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: LPN or GPN that must pass the MO NCLEX exam within 90 days of graduation required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness."
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
- [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Nurse LPN/Registered Nurse (PC)
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Equipments