The Plant HR Manager will serve as the lead HR professional in the new Chicago manufacturing plant, and he/she will work closely with the management team at headquarters to create a high performing team, implement a positive culture of safety throughout the manufacturing facility, and help establish business practices while driving teamwork across the facility.
Our client for the Plant HR Manager opportunity is a rapidly growing e-commerce home décor company manufacturing high quality products.
- Build and lead a high-functioning HR team to support daily plant operations and long-term development goals
- Own and oversee the recruiting, onboarding and offboarding processes for all hourly and salaried employees
- Lead salary and benefit negotiation process by creating industry benchmarks and communicating with candidates
- Support and implement HR and talent acquisition initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Ensure that all employment policies are followed in accordance with company policies and current law and regulations
- Work with plant manager to ensure safety training and implementation
- Analyze knowledge gaps, identify training needs, and create or coordinate appropriate training for employees and leadership
- Provide data, key indicators and qualitative feedback to align employment decisions to current and future workforce needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience as an HR Generalist, or HR Manager in a manufacturing setting
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-changing environment
- Previous experience in recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, and driving positive company culture
- Ability to create and work in collaborative group environments
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and safety efficiencies in manufacturing (e.g., OSHA, FLSA, ADA, Workers Comp, Unemployment, etc.).
- Proficient with MS suite
- Strong interpersonal skills, addressing complaints/resolving problems, rewarding/disciplining employees, and appraising performance
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required
Competitive base salary, bonus, medical, vacation, holidays, professional growth potential with a growing company
Fair Labor Standards Act