As an employee of Envista Forensics, you'll be part of a team of exceptional people that impacts lives all over the world. Everyone we hire plays a significant role. In the face of immense disaster and peril, you become part of the solution, and be the face of certainty when it matters most for our clients.
Envista Forensics is a global forensic consulting and engineering company spread across more than 30 offices and 4 continents. We rely on scientific principles to investigate all types of failures impacting service, people, and business production-from minor to catastrophic. It's our job to analyze and determine why it happened, and then provide that information back to the client, which could be an insurance carrier, attorney or business. Our team is comprised of hundreds of experts and engineers from all backgrounds and specialties.
Our entire staff is dedicated to providing the best possible service, vast experience, and Certainty in an Uncertain World.
We are an equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a licensed Professional Structural Engineer.
- Investigates residential and commercial sites to determine the cause and origin of structural failures, damages or defects.
- Analyzes damages to structures that have been threatened by catastrophes.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters outlining the cause and origin of the damages to clients. Follows established policies, procedures, and processes in preparing information, exercising sound judgment in applying these to potentially unusual or complicated situations, and submit reports and documents in a timely manner and in accordance with client's standards and expectations.
- Stays abreast of company policies, procedures, and practices; participates in ongoing training and development as assigned or approved to assure knowledge and skills remain current and comprehensive.
- Functions as an effective member of the team, assisting co-workers as needed and learning from colleagues and supervisors; supports the goals of the department, division, and organization; participates in special assignments and activities as required or approved; demonstrates initiative in the interest of the client and the organization.
- Adheres to all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as applicable regulations and standards.
- Establishes trusted working relationship with clients and interacts socially at mixed engagements with regional clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering is required. MS in Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information, discerning the essential from the non-essential, and grasping complexities of unusual or complicated cases; research and investigative abilities
- Significant experience (typically 7 plus years) as a design/structural engineer (residential, industrial and commercial buildings).
- Design-build experience desired.
- Experience with commercial, institutional, healthcare, high-rise and governmental facilities is desired.
- Active Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.