From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position could be in McLean, VA;
Memphis, TN; or Dallas, TX.***
As the Lead Software Engineer Automation, you will apply technical skills to design and code robotic process automation (RPA) applications. You will craft positive partnerships with build managers, architecture domains business, outsourced teams and IT disciplines as part of the Corporate Systems build team. You will be a critically important technical resource deployed within the context of business technology automation projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our world-class applications.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to use technical skill and judgment to build solutions that meet business requirements for Hilton's automation applications and platforms.
- Develop, integrate and unit test applications.
- Provide production support by solving Incidents/Problems and collaborates on continuous improvement efforts.
- Deliver maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications.
- Adhere to coding standards/procedures and participates in code reviews.
- Ensure that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process.
- Assist Tester in designing and ensuring overall integrity of the test plan.
- Chance to create and help define standard methodologies for the Corporate Systems Build organization.
- Provide mentorship of team members to facilitate and guide the growth in technical disciplines incorporated at Hilton.
- Craft positive partnerships with Solution and Platform architects to drive solutions to complex problems in accordance with the strategic vision established by Technology Executives.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Fully conversant with complex software development concepts and methodologies and current development languages and methods
- Demonstrates good technical expertise and analytical skills
- Solid grasp of ‘as a service' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Deep understanding of Agile software development and relevant processes
- Deep understanding of Contemporary Agile development methodologies (e.g., SAFe) with Agile problem solving techniques and decision-making principles
- Self starter, who can work independently without significant oversite to follow requirements and develop solutions
- Craft a technical specification and product design from published requirements
- Mastery of the technology in use to code/configure quality solutions that require limited rework and meet business/end-user needs by adhering to standard methodologies
- Passionate about learning new technologies and expanding skills
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to run complex and multiple tasks with minimal direction
- Proven strengths working with .Net and SQL platforms
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Seven (7) years in Information Technology or related field
- Five (5) years working with MS SQL, .NET
- Travel up to 15%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar field
- Three (3) years in Financial systems and applications
- Direct experience developing automation solutions using RPA products
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Complex Problem Solving
Agile Software Development