To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ceres, CA 95307
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Rep / Sales Engineer
Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. • Ceres, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Job Description Summary
Sales Engineers are responsible for ensuring that they provide optimal equipment for a particular setting without creating wasteful overruns for the customer, while also ensuring that the recommendations meet the needs of the building/project.
Climate Control is a specialty division of Sunbelt Rentals that is the leading provider of temporary, portable, supplemental, large scale, and emergency cooling, heating, and dehumidification equipment. Sunbelt Rentals can help you with your temperature control needs for commercial, construction, and industrial requirements. Our portable and larger packaged cooling and heating systems, coupled with the expertise of our team, can provide permanent or temporary solutions across a wide range of sectors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calls on management representatives such as facilities managers, engineers, project managers, and other professional and technical personnel at construction, commercial, industrial and other establishments to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products and services offered
- Travels throughout entire assigned sales region to call on existing and new customers to understand needs and solicit orders
- Prospects, identifies and qualifies future customers in person, over the phone and arranges scheduled binder presentations to establish new accounts
- Negotiates contracts with customers for the rental and sale of Topp Portable Air product/services and closed the deal
- Develops and exploits new and existing markets to increase revenue. Cultivates territory by cold calling on targeted customer base and follows up on company generated leads
- Effective communication must be demonstrated as both written, verbal skills and dealing and closing skills are important to the success of this position
- Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates
- Tracks bid results and reviews monthly rentals and sales of equipment to provide feedback as to the overall success and effectiveness to Regional Manager
- Effectively maintains and updates contact through ACT! database
- Identifies customer needs and prepares a proposal and presentation of our services that will partner with the customer to meet their needs
- Is available for after-hour and emergency calls on evenings and weekends via company provided Nextel phone.
- Coordinates with Regional Manager when not available to maintain effective customer coverage
- Supports service by participating in delivering and installing equipment for our customers (as needed)
- Learns all technical aspects of equipment, function and appropriate applications
- Provides technical service and training to customers relating to use, operation and maintenance of equipment
- Assists the billing department to help secure customer payment for sales
- Occasional overnight travel or irregular work schedule at certain times of the year (as needed)
• Strong project management, new business development and customer retention skills a must.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management.
•Prior technical knowledge within the specific line of business within Sunbelt Rentals, strongly preferred
Gear up for an exciting career!