• Ability to build, test, and maintain ETL architecture and processes using strong modular system design skills
• Create, modify, document, and enhance data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source systems into the dimensional data warehouse and operational system; Validate that the operational system and data warehouse meets specified requirements
• Work with other members of the team and make sure that routine data loads are completed properly without any issues and report weekly load status to supervisor.
• Ability to work independently on routine data loads with a minimal amount of supervision.
• Analyze and QA data from different sources and ensure that it is properly loaded into our systems
• Investigate data quality issues and implement appropriate solutions
• Responsible for performance tuning of database functions, SQL queries, stored procedures and SSIS packages to ensure scalability demands are satisfied and will be responsible for monitoring the production jobs, and other database activities (Backups, recovery, etc),
• Ability to manage individual priorities and tasks and coordinates with other team members and supervisor to meet such timelines and actively contributes to project status reporting processes to identify and mitigate risks.
• Go-Live and Production Support - Need to work after business hours as needed basis., will be monitoring the production jobs & processes and will fix any issues and work with peers and supervisor and track the issues in in-house task system
• Requirement gathering – frequent interaction with the Data & Database Systems Managers, Technical Managers, Data Architect, Database administrators, Application Users – all belonging to different departments and divisions of to ensure smooth implementation and running of the application
• Knowledge of health system functions, terminology and standard coding systems preferred.
• Experience with relational database systems in an operational environment and particularly with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later or Similar.
• Strong experience in extraction, transformation, and load processes from multiple source format files and systems into operational systems into the data warehouse.
• Experience in multi-server data management and database administration functions
• Excellent work ethic, organizational, analytical, planning, problem solving, and communication skills are must
• Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
• Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering, mathematics, information technology, Business Administration required Or Master Degree in computer science, computer application or Business Administration required
• Minimum 6 + years of extensive experience in Data Migration, Data Load & Management, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and other equivalent ETL tools and ETL design and development & T-SQL programming using SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Travel: As business needs dictate
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT YOU WILL GET (Benefits):
• Competitive base salary, based on experience and skill level
• Opportunity to work with a phenomenal database engineering, IT, Business & Sales team
• Tremendous growth opportunity
• Full Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision – PPO and HMO Options
• 401k with company matching
• Standard PTO
• Company holidays
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178