C.R. England is a stable, financially sound company with opportunity for growth within the company. As a 100+ year leader in transportation, C.R. England is hiring an experience HR Business Partner. An ideal candidate will be physically located in the Midwest or Eastern US.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
Job requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the entire recruiting life-cycle: sourcing resumes/candidates, conducting phone interviews and scheduling interviews, extending offers, tracking and reporting on candidate and interview data
- Assist with the development and implementation of staffing strategies to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool
- Utilize behavioral interviewing techniques to evaluate candidates. Manage the offer process including reference checks and logistics associated with placing prospective hires
- Create and maintain a variety of recruiting sources that provide appropriate candidate flow
- Interface and strengthen relationships with hiring managers to ensure employment needs are addressed in a timely fashion
- Develop and implement effective recruitment plans and selection strategies for assigned business areas
- Propose and participate in ongoing best practices and improvements to our current recruitment efforts
- Coordinate and partner with selected education institutions, and universities
- Continually develop senior level relationships within assigned business groups to uncover needs and to develop customized recruiting strategies
- Nurture relationships with prospective talent and manage on going candidate sourcing relationships
HR Business Partner:
- Must be able to work autonomously, making quick decisions and recommendations when necessary. Must be able to discern when a situation requires direct manager’s input and reach out accordingly.
- Develop relationships with managers in assigned business groups, communicate about trends in respective areas.
- Have broad understanding of transportation industry regulations, practices; use knowledge to apply to situations (including employee relations, answering claims,unemployment hearings) unique to the industry.
- Keep company leadership informed of project priorities and any issues that may require their attention.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so at all times.
- Behave in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in accordance with dress code policies, set example for others.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition.
- Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor and peers.
- Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem solver. Provide excellent customer service, don’t pass the buck.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to all standards set for by the company.
- Must be able to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks.
- Maintain calm in emotional situations, help others do the same.
- Respond to questions, concerns and follow-up to ensure all parties have been communicated with, documentation completed.
- Ensure accuracy with employee records including status changes, job descriptions, investigations, employee files, verifications, information requests, etc.
- Be an expert and advisor to other HR staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree and commensurate work-related experience strongly preferred. Two years of college and commensurate experience required.
- 3-7 years of HR experience, prefer ER experience in multi-site, multi-state setting.
- Experience working in transactional, fast-paced, high-volume, high-turnover environment.
- Experience handling employee relations both in person and over the phone.
- Experience with legal claims preferred.
- Experience with multi-state employment, in companies with more than 1,000 employees.
- Experience developing and delivering training to large groups.
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs. Experience with Learning Management Systems, HR Information Systems, producing reports in a variety of systems/programs helpful.
- Knowledge of federal employment laws required. Knowledge of multi-state employment laws strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage complex, layered situations and recommend solutions. Includes ability to manage situations that call for compromise, creativity, and escalation.
- Ability to mediate disputes.
- Broad working knowledge of all HR specialties including benefits, recruiting, organizational development, workers compensation, etc. Experience in one or more of these areas strongly required.