WHAT IS THE APPEALSDIVISION (AP)?
A description of the business units can be found at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Government Information Specialist NTE 1 YR, MBE, MBP
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Case and Operations Support (C&OS), Head Quarters (HQ), Shared Team of Redact Support (STARS)
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level.
* Articulates work assignments, projects, problem areas, significant issues, and deadlines for completion to team members.
* Identifies, distributes, and balances workload based on established workflow and skill levels. Adjusts complete work assignments based on priorities and/or deadlines.
* Trains or arranges for training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working as a team in accomplishing tasks or projects and provides or arranges for specific administrative or technical training necessary to accomplish individual and team tasks.
* Coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem-solving methods and techniques; provides advice on work methods, practices, and procedures; and assists the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
* Monitors work in progress and reviews completed work to ensure adherence to program policies/priorities, work methods, quality guidelines, and established deadlines. Identifies any technical deficiencies and arranges for necessary training, including providing classroom training and instruction. Reviewing completed work to see that the manager's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality have been met.
Conditions of Employment
STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD):
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-11 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with Disclosure Legislation, statutes, Internal Revenue Code Section 6103, the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act, the IRM, and other guidelines to effectively deal with the release or non-release of information on requests, provide technical guidance and direction ensuring proper Disclosure compliance, and assist in conducting quality reviews of agencies in possession of federal tax information; Experience using IDRS to effectively research and respond to basic questions or requests concerning the release of confidential information. In addition, your experience should include analytical techniques used to resolve technical problems and issues where disclosure statutes and guidelines must be interpreted, and oral and written communication techniques to document case files, assist in the preparation of reports, and meet and deal with taxpayers and other customers.
EDUCATION: You must have three (3) full years of graduate level education as described above. You may also qualify if you possess a Ph.D. or equivalent degree as described above or LL.M, if related
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: You may qualify by a combination of graduate education and experience as specified above. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: For positions above the GS-05, applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the grade you are applying for.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If the position has specific education requirements and you currently hold, or have previously held, a position in the same job series with the IRS, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. Applicants are encouraged, but are not required, to submit an SF-50 documenting experience in a specific series.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a Bargaining unit position.
* NTE 1 year, MBE up to 5 year, MBMP
* Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday - Day Shift
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses - No
* Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
- Freedom Of Information Act