Your passion is in what you do, the care you provide, and the dedication with which you serve. It is the same commitment with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a clinically challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Able to fulfill all duties of Staff Physical Therapist without supervision. Leads the physical therapy team in educational growth and support of clinical skill development. Functions as the advanced clinician on the team, serving as a mentor to staff physical therapists. Serves as a clinical instructor (CI) to student physical therapists (SPT) and student physical therapy assistants (SPTA). Provides clinical and/or administrative support in assistance to the director as needed and able. Spearheads special projects designed to improve patient care quality and access.
- Master’s degree or higher from an Accredited program in Physical Therapy
- Four years experience as a staff physical therapist. Hospital-based experience helpful. Supervisory experience preferred
- Alaska Physical Therapy license, CPR certified
- Office equipment (i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine)
- Hospital based: Standard Physical Therapy Department environment, includes hi-lo table, whirlpool, therapeutic exercise equipment, ultrasound and electric stimulation modalities, etc.
- Village-based: Usually a treatment table is provided. Therapists bring out what is needed for patient care (theraband, ultrasound, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other medical staff as part of a collaborative team
- Able to participate in special committees as appropriate, and serve as a professional representative of the physical therapy department and profession at all times
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, medical staff, managers, clients, and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Periodic self-assessment
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Physical Therapist, Senior or
and ask to speak with a recruiter. If you would like more information about our organization and positions available please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Physical Therapist, Senior