ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] .
Roles & Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for leading efforts for Reliability Engineering with regards to electrical equipment in the North Dakota Bakken Asset in order to support maximizing equipment reliability. This role will work across numerous organizational boundaries such as Operations; Maintenance, Reliability, and Integrity; Infrastructure; EHS and Global Supply Chain to support Wells & Pads, Gas/Oil/Water Gathering, and the Tioga Gas Plant.
The primary areas of focus will include the following:
- Reliability Improvement
- Develop and/or optimize equipment maintenance strategies, repair/spares strategies, and influence equipment standards for electrical equipment including electrical motors, Motor Control Centers, Variable Frequency Drives, Transformers, and other electrical equipment.
- Facilitate bad actor and root cause analysis related to fixed equipment. Confirm implementation and effectiveness of countermeasures developed
- Recommend and implement upgrades/modifications to equipment to increase reliability and reduce maintenance cost and operating issues
- Analyze predictive maintenance data and initiate follow-on corrective work
- Develop, review data, and report out on key performance indicators
- Troubleshooting / Operational Support
- Work with Operations and Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot electrical equipment on an as-needed basis
- Participate in scope development and repair of critical equipment
- Act as an adviser to Process and Reliability Engineers concerning equipment/facilities capabilities and improvement opportunities
- Maintenance in Projects
- Support Infrastructure projects by providing reliability, maintainability, and operability input as a representative of the Maintenance, Reliability, and Integrity team to ensure that the best designs/philosophies are being implemented with new equipment installations/modifications
- Provide technical advice, guidance, recommendations, and assurance for modification of existing assets carried out using the Management of Change (MOC) process
- Evaluate proposed pilot initiatives for technical viability and coordinate implementation efforts for electrical equipment initiatives.
- Review electrical installation drawings for reliability, maintainability, and compliance with company and industry codes (one-line diagrams, area classification, motor schematics, wiring diagrams, panel drawings, I/O drawings, elementary drawings…)
- Strong Lean knowledge and/or demonstrates ability to learn following skills:
- Teach/coach: 5-Whys, Mistake Proofing, 5S
- Lead/facilitate: Standard Work Instruction, Structured Problem Solving (A3), Leader Standard Work, Spaghetti Diagrams, Swim Lane Mapping, Dashboards and Operating Rhythm, and Conditions of Satisfaction
- Participate/use: Rapid Improvement Events, Value Stream Mapping, Business Planning (A3)
- Demonstrates Leading at Hess Competencies including but not limited to:
- Able to influence without authority across organizational boundaries
- Able to lead change with various stakeholders
- Execution and results oriented and able to lead a team to deliver results
- Team oriented and a great communicator; can support and enable a shared vision
- Focus for and capability to coach/mentor/develop team members (e.g. MRI technicians, Reliability Operators, Foundation Engineers)
- Robust problem-solving skills that focus on delivering data driven solutions
- Able to quickly gather, rationalize data, and prioritize improvements
- Utilize structured problem solving to formulate solutions
- Holds safety, environmental, health, social and corporate responsibility as paramount
- Office Based role (Minot or Tioga) 5/2 (9/80) work schedule with field visits as needed
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering and electrical equipment or other technical discipline
- Preferred history of utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance tools to optimize asset performance / lifecycle
- Experience in root cause failure analysis and FMEA
- Strong knowledge in general plant and oil & gas equipment such as:
- Electric Motors (low and medium voltage)
- Motor Control Centers (MCC)
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Motor Starters
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Electrical Switch Gear (low and medium voltage)
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP
- Knowledge of NFPA 70e and Electrical Safety Programs a plus
- Knowledge of Spotfire and Sequel a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | No | 25825
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Corporate Social Responsibility