Requisition ID: 114819
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate need for a dynamic Mechanical Engineer Lead in our growing Design Build Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes architectural, structural, geotechnical, civil, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical and is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure related buildings projects.
The successful candidate will help further develop the technical integrity of the infrastructure facilities and transit design group in the eastern United States and support design efforts in North America. We are interested in someone who is passionate, self-motivated, and has a strong desire to forward the field of infrastructure architecture and facilities in the US; someone who can appropriately apply innovative technical solutions to solve problems and provide services to our clients.
This position is for an experienced design engineer with a background in HVAC, piping, and plumbing design. Building types include transit facilities and stations, infrastructure support facilities, bridge structures and supporting aviation infrastructure. The candidate should have leadership experience, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals. The candidate will be responsible for executing and reviewing mechanical designs for new and existing facilities, independently or as a member of a team, including drawings, specifications, and submittal reviews.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk.
Our construction-focused engineers and architects work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of the Woodcliff Lake NJ office.
• Works closely with the Infrastructure Facilities Lead in planning and implementing all work processes.
• Ability to lead and guide the production of construction documents for major infrastructure facility projects including effectively communicating the criteria to the project team and monitoring its compliance through the QC program.
• Develops and presents lead technical viewpoint on projects and ensures KIE systems are used to deliver the design in a standardized manner. Ensures that a technical solution, consistent with the program and design is properly developed and produced.
• Prepare and document required code compliance and material and product research
• Review RFP documents and prepare estimates of the mechanical systems and write mechanical system narratives for estimating and project proposals
• Develop cost-effective designs, to enable the company, to win profitable work in a highly competitive building design environment
• Create construction documents, drawings and specifications for building related mechanical systems
• Perform calculations for sizing of systems, and selection of equipment
• Execute work in a team environment, coordinating with multiple design disciplines
• Perform quality checks on the deliverables, to ensure their conformance with the contract and project requirements
• Support the construction process by responding to RFI’s during construction, reviewing and approving shop drawings, and supporting project completion and turn-over
• Participate in site visits to review installations and develop punch lists
• Mentor less experienced engineers
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• Licensed engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ of experience in preparing design documents for HVAC, plumbing systems and fire protection systems
• Proficient in creating detailed calculations for HVAC load modeling, psychometric analysis, hydronic systems, ductwork and pipe sizing
• Experienced with building modeling software such as Trane Trace 700 or Carrier HAP
• Verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical memos and papers, and present technical topics.
• Has overall responsibility for coordination with sub-consultants and reviews
• Supervises work of less experienced architects and team members. Responsible for all project work planning and scheduling.
• Assists with the promotion, discipline, performance review, work allocation, training and mentoring of staff.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Project Management and Scheduling software
• Experience with ASHRAE Standards
• Experience with all North American building design codes (International Mechanical code, International Fuel Gas code, International Plumbing code, International Building Code, International Energy Conservation code, and NFPA codes, ect)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Product Quality Assurance