Scheduler - Temporay
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Scheduler confirms and prepares daily patient visit schedules for physicians. Maintains scheduling system to tract all visits and other required information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts patient/caregiver by telephone to schedule physician visit
- Receives incoming calls from individuals requesting a physician visit
- Enters all required information and maintains necessary follow up on system as required
- Prepares patient chart for scheduled visit including set up of new patient with all required documents
- Prepares and distributes written visit schedule for next business day after all appointments are confirmed
- Aids in communication with patient and caregivers
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Other duties as required
- Based upon size of the office may need to also perform Medical Assistant duties as shown on the Medical Assistant job description (excludes Washington Schedulers)
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service
- Knowledge of practice protocols to assist in scheduling patients for care
- Skill in maintaining department quality assurance and control standards
- Computer skills and ability to learn new systems
- Ability to adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Skill in teamwork and maintaining relationships with patients, caregivers and coworkers
Additional Arizona Requirements
- Active CPR Certification
- Active First Aide Training Completion
- Active current “Level 1” fingerprint card
- Must complete an approved training program – see list of approved accreditation board programs on Arizona Medical Board website (see exceptions R4-16-401) or completion of an unapproved medical assistant training program and passage of the medical assistant examination administered by either the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologists
Additional Florida Requirements