To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jefferson City, MO 65101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Scholastic • Jefferson City, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Manage Payroll staff and daily operational activities related to planning, executing, and analyzing payrolls, timekeeping, and labor tracking functions reporting directly to Corporate Payroll. Responsible for maintaining payroll controls and verification of costs relating to liquidations. This position is located in Jefferson City, Missouri.
• Responsible for managing the processing of multi-state payroll cycles via Workday and Kronos
• Work closely with HR and HRIS regarding any problems, discrepancies or issues with the payroll processing as well as hires, terminations, and intercompany transfers
• Work closely with all levels of management to ensure the accuracy of employee hours and adjustments
• Responsible for maintaining all payroll procedures and policies for internal and external auditors
• Audit all input processes, identify any discrepancies, and reconcile items following company policies and procedures, ensuring that all additional pay, adjustment components, and their FLSA adjustments have been accurately calculated and entered
• Cross training the payroll team as well as new supervisors
• Review newly added garnishment deductions, YMCA, and United Way deductions for accuracy
• Reconcile daily on-demand check register and ensure all adjustments have been entered accurately and appropriately in Kronos
• Review and verify earnings, deductions, and salary related expenses on the GL Interface
• Review and approve biweekly payroll processing reconciliation
• Review and approve YMCA and United Way payments
• Oversee data entry of data changes and adjustments into Kronos
• Oversee completion of verification of employment documents
• Oversee and review the weekly temporary agency payroll files and the financial allocation of labor
• Responsible for the oversight of labor tracking processes and procedures to ensure the data is accurate and complete for financial liquidations
GL/Financial – Potential to move to Accounting and Finance / Does desc below reflect well the amount of work this is.
• Review and approve payroll reclassification journal entries and corresponding statistical hours entries each pay period
• Review and approve paid non work earned expense journal entries and corresponding statistical hours entries each pay period
• Review and approve end of month labor accrual and paid non work expense accrual and corresponding statistical hours journal entries
• Oversee and review weekly labor dollars transfer and corresponding statistical hours journal entries
• Prepare and input labor reclassification payroll journal entries as requested by Finance
• Monthly review and comparison of GL expenses to biweekly and estimated journal entry expenses
• Assist Finance with discovery of variances between budget and actual expense when requested
• Occasionally create exempt labor estimates
• Ensure that all journal entries are completed in a timely manner so the Finance team can meet liquidation deadlines set by Corporate Finance
• Oversee and complete adhoc reporting for Finance and executive team
• Special projects or reports upon request from Corporate Payroll
• Occasional travel
• 5-7 years of payroll or HR experience with at least 3 years of management/supervisor responsibility
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Access Database
• Highly Preferred experience in Kronos iSeries, Workforce Central, Workday and Oracle Fusion
• SQL or advanced query language skills preferred
• Ability to work with and communicate well with all levels of management across the organization
• High level of Customer Service skills
• Problem solving
• Understand business needs as well as the needs of the employees
• Lead UAT for configuration changes and upgrades for Workday and Kronos
• FLSA and state wage and hour regulations, payroll
• FMLA time and attendance guidelines
We offer a benefit package, including medical on the first day of employment. Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, on site clinic, café, employee book store and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here.