To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochelle Park, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Judge Group • Rochelle Park, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is seeking an experienced Operations Manager for their Corporate HQ in the Greater Rochelle Park, NJ Area.
Position Available: Operations Manager
To manage and build relationships with logistics providers, co-manufacturers and vendors. This includes managing freight lanes, freight administration and costs; coordinating with 3PL and direct ship locations; achieving synergies and protecting the integrity of all products. These responsibilities are combined with the oversight and maintenance of the entire supply chain from product sourcing to product fulfillment.
- Responsible for all inbound, transfer and container storage
- Negotiate rates / discounts with domestic carriers
- Work with Inventory Specialists to coordinate inbound shipments using company service level requirements and working capital targets as benchmarks
- Responsible for carrier assignment to customers for all prepaid freight customers
- Ensure all customers are shipped within the requested delivery date
- Oversee the processing of freight claims and specific delivery issues on a timely basis
- Work to ensure customer’s specific requirements are met
- Work to protect product throughout the distribution system
- Sourcing responsibility in coordination with Brand Mangers in product development process
- Review current pricing and production costs with the aim to identify and drive efficienicies
- Review and evaluate production processes, order sizing and transportation requirements to reduce costs
- Liaison with Inventory Specialists with regards to physical plant requirements in relation to purchasing
- Responsible to ensure the integrity of all packaging of finished goods meet company standards
- 3PL/Direct Ship Warehouses
- Primary point person with all third-party warehouses
- Overseas warehouse on shipping / receiving / reworking / product assembly projects to meet customers’ needs
- Negotiate rates for special projects
- Review and approve all third-party warehouse invoices
- Evaluate and monitor all third-party warehouses to ensure they meet the agreed KPI’s
- Facilitate, monitor and control the quality assurance procedures / policies at all third-party warehouses
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or equivalent preferred
- Three to five year’s minimum related business experience in the food industry
- Strong Microsoft Office experience essential
- High level of organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving analytical skills
- Ability to build working relationships with vendors and colleagues
- Solid communication and negotiating skills