To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Georgetown, DE 19947
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chesapeake Utilities Corp. • Georgetown, DE
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The following Career Opportunity is currently available within Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Position: Director, Operations
Location: Georgetown or Dover, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers.
The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing all operating aspects of all of the retail propane district operations in Sharp. This includes, among other duties, operating personnel recruiting, staffing, customer service and satisfaction, delivery, service, and office personnel management, service department profitability, and overall expense control. Additionally the Director is responsible for all asset management including asset acquisitions, sales, and construction as well as Route management and safety issues in the districts. The primary responsibility of the Director is to develop, scale, and implement best practices as they pertain to retail operations across the company. This job contributes to Sharp Energy’s success by leading district operations across the company to create and maintain the Sharp Energy experience for our customers and partners while maximizing operating efficiencies. Additionally it is the Directors charge to implement safety policies and procedures across the retail operations to minimize liability exposure as well as promote the safe handling of propane among our employees and customers. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Staffing personnel and employee competence, Managing the efficient use of outside contractors, managing service billing standards across the company, all customer satisfaction issues, controlling expenses, employee compensation and payroll budgets, handling personnel issues, accounting, customer accounting and fuel inventory.
The Director of Operations is a role model and leader and must solve problems, make informed decisions and manage the workforce and time wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together. Scaling operating procedures across all districts.
- Develops the district staffs and management teams to deliver legendary customer experiences.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the staff and management team within the districts to develop and implement action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages through unusual events to keep districts operating to standard.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Sharp Energy.
- Organizes and implements district service departments to standardize and maximize customer billing policies to deliver high quality service and a fair price.
- Manages the district use of outside contractors to supplement the service departments in the districts to ensure a high level of customer service at a fair price.
- Reviews district environment and key business indicators within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the staff and management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
- Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results.
- Monitors and manages district-wide management staffing and compensation levels. Ensures management-level partner development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements.
- Work with Director of Marketing to support the overall objectives of Sharp.
- Identify business opportunities in the market and implement them with the coordination of other Directors and the approval of the President of Sharp.
- Monitor and review monthly operating expenses.
- Monitor and review monthly sales volumes.
- Monitor and review various reports to include but are not limited to: overtime summary, run out summary, lost customer reports, customer gain reports, tank inventory reports, liquid inventory reports, delivery efficiency reports, miscellaneous management reports and appliance inventory.
- Deal with customers with more difficult problems utilizing superior customer service skills.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Review and approve all district incident investigation reports.
- Participate in company, industry and community activities, which serve to enhance the company's image.
- Accept participatory roles in various organizations.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or university is preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen to twenty years' of varied, successful and increasingly responsible retail related experience across a wide spectrum of retail operations and companies is required.
- Ability to create, customize and apply intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills to many variable spreadsheets and office documentation. Intermediate Windows skills required to navigate, store and apply file folder management, and general software applications. Basic PowerPoint and Access skills needed for presentations, policies and proposals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information, both verbally and written, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- A high level of mental activity and concentration are required in order to analyze data, make judgments regarding management decisions, and to handle many related or unrelated items at the same time.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to travel overnight on a regular basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.