You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
RN, Certified Biotherapy/Chemotherapy Infusion - Oncology
RN, Certified Biotherapy/Chemotherapy Infusion
Locations: Hinsdale, IL. Possibility to float to other locations
Days: Wednesdays & Fridays 830a-5p; Every weekend 730a-130p.
Good enough isn't for us. Duly Health and Care's team members show up every day driven to exceed expectations. We challenge assumptions and invite dissent to accomplish bold goals and unleash the most extraordinary work of your career. We see and support the remarkable in every person within and beyond the walls of our work.
Duly Health and Care works to understand what matters most to you. We recruit and retain team members who share a relentless passion and pride for helping others live happier and healthier lives. We invest in helping our team members develop their talents in a way that is rich in personal meaning. We invite you to join us, fulfill your purpose and make your mark!
* Assists Physician in assuring high patient satisfaction and quality care
* Provide education on disease processes and on chemotherapy, including precautions, possible side effects, and signs and symptoms to report to M.D. Provides information on prosthesis and wigs, etc. as needed. Provides education on nutrition and on treatment of side effects.
* Administers medication to patients as directed by M.D. Initiates IV's via central venous devices or by peripheral access and administers chemotherapy pre-meds, chemotherapy, Remicade, and other meds as prescribed by M.D. Monitors patients closely for adverse reactions, notifies M.D., and treats appropriately as needed per M.D. orders.
* Provides emotional support to patients and family as needed. Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Records treatment given to patient, assesses, records, and reports patient condition, reaction to drugs, and treatment to M.D. Records medication given to patient including dosage and route and records teaching given.
* Adheres to appropriate chemotherapy safety and precautions, per policy. Has appropriate equipment available in case of chemo spill. Has knowledge of extravasation precautions and treatment of extravasation should it occur.
* Assists with bone marrow aspiration/biopsy procedure. Obtains consent, prepares equipment, assists with procedure and prepares biopsy/aspirate to be sent to lab.
* Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
* Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
* On occasion, when needed for increased workload necessity, or when receptionist is absent:
* Prepare patients for physical exam including taking vital signs and weight
* Screen patients for appropriate information
* Instruct patients on testing and procedures
* Arranges for patient testing and treatments and admissions
* Responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and direct calls as needed.
* Schedules patient appointment.
* Performs other projects and duties as related to department objectives.
* Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to accept constructive criticism from your supervisor and be able to follow work rules.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory.
* Organizational skills are essential to prioritize daily work.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Graduate of an accredited nursing school
* Possession of State Registered Nurse license. Current chemotherapy biotherapy certification required
* CPR certification
* Two years of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting preferred.
* Previous experience in oncology required
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gemybpf
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.