Certified Medical Assistant: AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Location Address: North Pinellas, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Up to 3K Sign on & Relocation
- Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
- Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
- Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
- Company Discount programs
- Growing Organization
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with doctor, personnel, lab and radiology companies to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
- Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses all doctors’ requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists doctor.
- Maintains timely communication with patients re: surgery, scripts, testing.
- Prevents casual overtime at all times and completes work in a timely manner.
- Assists in controlling supplies and maintains inventory weekly.
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate legible documentation of patient medications and messages, sample meds, and pharmacy documentation.
- Identifies problems that may affect patient safety and efficiency in department.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of Hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps current with new technology and updates on care and medications.
- Contributes to the growth of the practice by managing patient flow and recommending follow-up visits if needed.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required BLS (condition of employment)
- CMA /RMA Registered or Certified from a recognized Medical Assistant Program. This must be obtained within 90 days from the date of employment.
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Patient Education
- Front Office
- Complex Problem Solving