Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The Licensed Psychiatric Clinician is a Masters prepared Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). The Licensed Psychiatric Clinician is responsible for the assessment, treatment planning and delivery of outpatient behavioral health therapy services under the clinical direction of the Department of Psychiatry Medical Director as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for completing individual patient comprehensive assessments that include diagnosis of patients utilizing the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders. Identifies and communicates appropriate information gathered from patient, family, community, prior medical history and colleagues to other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team. Formulates understanding of each case and develops initial and recurring treatment plans with each patient. Performs suicide risk assessments, violence risk assessments, and mental status examinations. Facilitates referrals to higher levels of care. Completes all clinical documentation following Joint Commission and CMS regulatory requirements.
- Performs responsibilities of a mandatory reporter under state statute by making child abuse reports, elder abuse reports, and reports on behalf of individuals with disabilities. Provides testimony in courts of law as an expert witness as required by the State of Connecticut or the hospital.
- Provides individual, group, family therapy and crisis intervention services to assigned case load utilizing the highest quality current standards for psychotherapy within the mental health field.
- Engagement of individuals or families in the development of individualized written person centered treatment plans at admission and at required intervals during patients’ course of treatment.
- Provision of individual, family, and group therapy utilizing established clinical best practices for each modality.
- Conduct suicide, homicide, and mental status assessments for patients presenting with high risk behaviors and symptoms.
- Dictated/written documentation of comprehensive assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, and case management collateral contacts that meet established Joint Commission, state regulatory and corporate compliance criteria.
- Provides clinical supervision as assigned to unlicensed clinicians and interns
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or M.S. in Counseling and current State of Connecticut licensure as an LCSW, LMFT, or LPC required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a psychiatric setting.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Radiation Treatment Planning