The ideal position for a driver who enjoys returning home every day.
Automatic Rolls of New Jersey seeks a Class A CDL tractor-trailer driver for regional New Jersey route deliveries. The successful candidate will have a passion for safety and customer service. We exceed customer expectations through a continuous improvement process; and leverage our employee and supplier resources. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for delivering 100% Customer Satisfaction through consistent, predictable, high quality products.
Become an important part of a culture focused on creating an experience and promoting life-long learning.
- Efficiently transport, unload and distribute product to customer locations
- Professional interface with customers; build and maintain relationships
- Work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend)
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations
- Maintain a current CDL Class A
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location
- Other related duties as assigned by Transportation Manager or Plant Manager
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver's license as required by state, industry, city, county during employment
- Minimum one year of Class A driving experience required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend)
- High school diploma or equivalent or a combination of experience & technical training
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Forklift experience preferred
- Safe driving record and history
- Must pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
- Must pass company paid DOT physical
- Must pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test
- Must be able to satisfy all DOT QA file requirements and paperwork
- Able to read and comprehend delivery schedule
- Able to count and perform basic math
- Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc. Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job
- Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage
Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant as well as customer locations. Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally); safely operate heavy equipment; move, position and connect/disconnect a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs; safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; operate a tractor/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting products; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
Drive an enclosed truck on a daily basis. Work outdoors while loading and unloading goods. Work indoors while driving or filling out paperwork. Indoor temperatures may not be controlled. Are often exposed to contaminants, such as diesel fuel or exhaust. Wear protective or safety attire on a weekly basis. Sometimes are exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures while working outside. May have to get into cramped positions to reach work spaces, such as the back of a truck. Are sometimes exposed to hazardous situations that might produce minor cuts or scrapes. Are occasionally exposed to bright or dim lighting conditions. Are occasionally exposed to whole body vibration when driving a truck. Sometimes deal with sounds or noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Work close to others, especially when unloading trucks.
Near vision needed to read and prepare paper and computerized data and reports, and to examine and compile records.
The individual must complete all annual safety training, ergonomics, and any specialized and/or skill ware training this is required to perform his/her job.
- Medical, Prescription Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Short-Term Disability paid for by company
- Life Insurance paid for by company
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
Automatic Rolls of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Persons with disabilities who need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process may send an email or call Phone number blocked - click to apply (extension 3517). No other phone calls will be accepted.
Product Quality Assurance
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)