To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Airy, MD 21771
- Lorien Health - Mt. Airy
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lorien Mt. Airy • Mount Airy, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Lorien Mt. Airy is Hiring!
Lorien Mt. Airy is a FIVE STAR Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living Community! We have recently renovated our building and are currently expanding our team. Lorien Health Services has been a provider of LTC for 40 years, with a focus on helping families where they are. Our commitment to patients starts with our commitment to our employees. Our leadership is dedicated to teamwork, employee development, and treating our diverse employee population with respect.
We are currently seeking and experienced Charge Nurse for a part-time 11p-7a shift on our Assisted Living Unit. The Charge Nurse will be responsible for all residents who reside in the Assisted Living Unit. This responsibility includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor.
We offer Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD and LTD, 401(k), discounts for Turf Valley
You will be responsible to obtain a report on any acute situation and address appropriately with doctor and families. You will also oversee the Med Techs, nursing assistances and caregivers on your assigned shift and gather information from them concerning their observations of the residents and any changes in their conditions.
- Providing residents with a positive and family-focused environment
- Ensuring that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect
- Communicating changes in resident care needs to your team (AL Manager, Delegating Nurse, Med Techs, and caregivers) Communication is continuous and requires detailed information as needed
- Examining residents change in condition and updating their physician to determine the best course of action (communication changes to delegating nurse and/or AL Manager)
- Updating resident care documentation (PCC, ERMAs, Caretracker, etc.
- Gathering lab data and other specimens for lab tests, as ordered
- Advising family members of changes in resident conditions
- Addressing and working to resolve any complaints from residents or family members
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information
- Interacting with residents and family members in an empathetic, tactful and reassuring manner
- Working with your team preparing for new admissions, return admits, discharges to the hospital and/or another facility
- Follow-up as needed with outside care teams (Right at Home, Med Options, Gilchrist Hospice etc.)
- Participating in in-service and continuing education programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Must possess an active RN license in Maryland, or compact state, without restrictions
- 1 year med/surg experience and assisted living experience in a large setting. Long term care experience a plus.
- Knowledge of state & federal regulations that apply to our facility and ability to maintain compliance.
- Knowledge of resident rights, documentation requirement for managing skilled care, and electronic medical record experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with medication administration and would care as needed
- Experience as a charge nurse in assisted living with large population is a plus
- Good time management with significant changes, documentation, doctor calls, and family follow-ups.