Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an Android Developer to work in Merrimack, NH!
We're looking for product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help deliver the best mobile experience to our customers. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in mobile development, with a passion for leveraging the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.The Team
We build amazing experiences for millions of Personal Investing customers. We focus on creating rich and compelling native experiences demonstrating the best Android UI guidelines by way of robust tooling to provide deep, financial insights enabling ‘on the go’ financial management. We work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, with a culture of learning, coaching and mentoring. We advance mobile-first strategies to delight our current and future customers.The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- 4+ years of professional experience developing publicly available Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
- Verifiable experience as an Android developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in an agile environment
- Fluency in Kotlin and/or Java, from industry working experience
- Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from feature inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs.
- Experience working in a team of Android developers participating in code reviews, pull requests, and pair programming.
- Demonstrable experience mentoring and coaching other Android developers in a team-based organization.
The Value You Deliver
- Your passion creating amazing experiences on Android using Google’s Material Design guidelines using your strong understanding of functional programming and reactive patterns
- Your deep knowledge of Android design patterns including Clean Architecture. Experience building multi-module Android apps is a big plus. Experience with MVVM/MVI is also a plus.
- Your knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in creating performant, resilient, and robust Android apps
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure adherence to software engineering standard methodologies including object-oriented and functional programming
- Excellent understanding of testing concepts and frameworks using Junit, Espresso, and Mockito
- Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and SonarQube to continuously and autonomously deliver high-quality apps to guarantee stable and performant experiences.
- Good understanding of Android Jetpack as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
- Good understanding of Android’s accessibility features and experience building accessible experiences on Android
- Experience with Coroutines, Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM), and Jetpack Compose is a plus
- Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant.
- Good understanding of Android Architecture Components as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
COVID Work Policy
- Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally compliant apps
- Collaborating with platform squads to define mobile engineering standards, best practices, and tooling
- Providing mobile thought leadership to advance PI's mobile outcomes and facilitate a mobile-first approach
- Serving as Mobile advocates for the adoption of experiences that solve the needs of our digitally minded customers
- Staying ahead of the curve by aligning architecture, user experience, and security with chapters and COEs
- Supporting a mobile-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with deep mobile expertise
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.Dynamic Working – Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mobile Developer (Android).
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mobile Developer (Android) .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mobile Developer (Android).
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
- Android Ui
- Multi Module
- Material Design
- Mobile Application Development