To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Danbury, CT
- Taylor Mcilrath
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Systems Engineer - Entry Level
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Software Systems Engineer - Entry Level
Location: Danbury, CT
6 month contract
- Architect and develop software packages used to perform testing of high-value, mission critical deliverable systems.
- Participate in the generation of requirements and the design of test equipment.
- Plan and execute tests to verify proper operation of software.
- Assist in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of deliverable systems in a laboratory environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to software, including requirements, design documentation, build paperwork, and issue tracking.
- Work in a collaborative environment with other engineering disciplines, program management, and the customer community.
- Support system verification and certification activities. This may include support of system integration with the host platform and field support and testing.
In this role, you are a direct contributor to the protection and safety of the United States and the warfighter. Software used for developing, manufacturing and testing of these products are often on the leading edge of technology and encompass complex engineering problems spanning electronics, mechanics, optics, and mathematics. In an ever-increasing competitive landscape, we seek software solutions that use innovative technologies to help produce quality products required to support a mission-ready warfighter.
You will be challenged by a high-paced environment working with enthusiastic and dedicated team members deeply knowledgeable in their respective fields. The broad range of products and technologies worked on by us ensure that an interesting and new problem is always waiting for you to solve. Comfort in a dynamic environment and self-motivation are a must. Small development teams provide opportunities for increased responsibility and the ability to directly impact the final product. The successful candidate will play a significant role in driving the company’s vision for software development processes and technologies necessary to develop and delivery state of the art products.
Educational and/or Certification requirements
- BS/BE in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related technical degree or experience
Minimum Experience required
- 2-5 years experience in general software development environments. College graduates can apply with appropriate intern or co-op experiences.
Desired Experience required
- Development of desktop-based software applications.
- Experience in programming hardware interfaces.
- Coding experience using object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C#,Java).
- Understanding of version control principles (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Experience in broad programming areas including library development, GUI development, hardware/software interaction, databases, desktop-based applications, web-based applications, and development best practices.
- Understanding of calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, statistics, numerical methods, and physics.
Additional skills and competencies required
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills including technical writing and presentations.
- Ability to independently assess, develop, and organize solutions to problems. This may involve coordination with customers, management, and other engineering disciplines.
- Record of quickly learning new technologies and using them to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with software quality assurance, verification, and release processes including the development of proper documentation and verification methods.
- Broad awareness of both software and hardware technologies and experience using new technologies to solve problems.
The work environment considerations (i.e., lab, office, physical, remote environment)
- Primarily an office environment.
- Occasional laboratory environments working with electronics, lasers, mechanisms, and environmental test equipment.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]