Intertek’s Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The Regional HR Manager role will provide consultative guidance and coaching to managers and employees on human resources-related matters, while ensuring alignment with corporate policies, goals, and objectives. The ideal candidate will be experience performing work under minimal supervision and handling complex issues and problems.
This position will be based out of our office in the Woodlands, Texas, with travel to various sites as required. Duties:
- Align Human Resources strategy with the business strategy and initiatives
- Partner with managers to resolve employee relations issues
- Act as coach/mentor and consultant to managers and employees
- Assess talent and develop talent maps and succession plans
- Act as key HR lead in identified acquisitions by participating in due diligence, integration and acclimation
- Proactively protect the company by minimizing risk
- Be an advocate for employees
- Oversee and provide training and guidance on performance management process
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations including Affirmative Action, wage and hour, and employment laws
- Conduct investigations into complaints such as harassment, discrimination, and other employee concerns and make recommendation to HR Leadership and/or management
- Oversee employee leaves of absence, including answering questions and providing guidance to managers and employees, ensuring compliance with FMLA and ADAA and analyzing return to work restrictions for potential accommodations, as needed
- Conduct salary benchmarking and provide advice to managers based on this analysis
- Make recommendations to managers and/or HR Leadership with regard to how best to resolve areas of concern, risk mitigation, etc.
- Training as it relates to development, communication, implementation, and facilitation of training programs
- Ensure that all policies, practices and programs are effectively and consistently managed.
- At least 5 years related HR Management experience (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related area (Required)
- PHR or SPHR Certification (Preferred)
- Experience conducting analytical and detailed complaint investigations such as for discrimination or harassment
- Excellent consultative, organizational, analytical, collaboration and empowerment skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and provide recommendations in areas of expertise and responsibility
- Ability to excel in a global, complex, multi-stream and multi-site environment
- Proven examples of continued self-education/knowledge of local, state and federal law applications and HR policies and practices as related to position
- Ability to travel up to 15%, as business needs dictate
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)