Software Engineering Craftsman
Family: Commercial Technology – Engineering
Location: Fuse - Dublin, OH
A Software Engineering Craftsman is a full-stack developer lead and coach that is an expert at working in all layers of an application and guiding and building a team of developers. They work in an Agile development environment as a master hands-on developer architecting, designing, leading and delivering technology solutions to transform healthcare into a safer and more cost effective industry. They are the primary practitioner-coach on a team and help build the development capability of a team while influencing the technical direction of a larger organization.
Skills & Requirements - Layers of Full Stack:
- Data Modeling
- Business Logic
- API layer / Action Layer / MVC
- User Interface
- User Experience
- Understanding what the customer and the business need
- Server, Network, and Hosting Environment
- You are a master developer, technologist and coach with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- You are a leader and self-starter, and love to solve problems through technology.
- You have significant hands-on experience across the entire technology stack.
- You love to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP through architecting and building a scalable production system.
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- You love building and working on high performing teams, collaborating with team members and have a record of improving your team’s ability to deliver.
- Passionate about delivering with quality and have experience in practices like TDD and ATDD
- You are motivated by solving challenging technical problems, and get excited at the thought of no legacy code.
- You are able to co-locate with the development team
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a good work ethic and sense of humor
- 6+ years as a developer with 2+ years as a developer lead
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Proven experience with client-side web development
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
- Proficiency in data modeling and API design
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Agile Software Development
Coaching And Mentoring
Java (Programming Language)