To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elk Grove, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Support Engineer Level 2-Networking
The Judge Group • Elk Grove, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Elk Grove, CA
• Demonstrate case management skills for each case/issue by resolving quickly and proactively, this includes involving resources as needed to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
• Ownership of critical issues. This does not mean you are the only owner of the case, the focus is on the technical driver of the case our customer’s call about. This usually means working with the TAC case owner and development, engineering, and product on a replication or verification and communicating updates.
• New product and support issues and development - combine the responsibility of being at the bleeding edge of technical knowledge and skills learned from prior technical support, a TAC technical support engineer will identify supportability and usability requirements for new products requests and issues during the day-to-day processes and create enhancement requests as needed.
• Enablement and onboarding of the TAC teams include assisting with ad hoc Q&A with our customers and includes some structured trainings throughout the year. Generating documentation in the form of case notes, best practices, knowledge base articles, RCA reports, and case reviews will also be required and necessary to be successful in this position.
• A TAC technical support engineer level 2 is responsible for staying up to date with technical details of the client's Networks current and new products and industry standards in general and sharing those details and knowledge with our customers when they reach out to us.
• Filling in the gaps. Sometimes there are opportunities to catch a problem before it escalated. The TAC team is uniquely positioned to identify or help in these unplanned projects that result in a better customer experience, or a cost reduction or better security.
• Understand how packets and data go through a box and a network. The box and network should not be an anonymous black box/network, you should know what is happening to a packet and the data at various stages and how that can impact problems.
• Great communication skills. You are not being hired to answer phone calls from the queue. You will speak with our customers regularly and from time to time with our developers, engineers and the rest of our team. Being clear and concise is a ‘must have’ in order to be successful.
Qualifications (Education and Experience)
• A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, networking or related subject a plus
• 2-4+ years of related work experience in technical support
• Experience in customer facing/good communication with larger enterprise companies
• Strong technical skills in current SD-WAN and networking technology, including knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, dynamic outing protocols, LAN (switching), WAN (GRE), TCP/IP Suite, Amazon AWS, MS Azure Security, IPSec, SSL, and HTTP/HTTPS, security standards and knowledge, certificates, etc.
• Must be able to explain how the internet and networking works in detail, end to end from the physical layers up to the application layer to the cloud and back.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
• Self-driven, proactive, hardworking, and a team-player
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
• Encourages and accepts feedback