To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of Real Estate Legal
ExecuNet • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 months ago
About the Role:
You will be the "go to" person for all things real estate legal -- including the review and negotiation of all real estate leases and all real estate related documentation for retail locations in US, CN, UK and AU and for non-retail locations, corporate offices and facilities. You will draft documents and agreements as needed, advising, problem solving, directing the resolution of landlord-tenant disputes, and ensuring that documentation deadlines are met consistent with the team timelines. You will hire and manage outside counsel as needed, control their budgets, and work to be cost efficient.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Partner and interact daily with cross functional teams of subject matter experts where you will see and understand the bigger vision regarding team and Company goals.
- You will have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with team to get things done.
- You will advise and guide decision making from a legal perspective while offering practical business solutions.
- You will be collaborative and proactive in your communication, working to ensure you have various opinions/points of view from team members who are in house, remote or on the road.
Why you will love working at Company
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
- You will have undergraduate degree and a law degree, at least 5 -10 years of experience working in a law firm or in house where you will have had hands on experience with retail and/or real estate clients reviewing, negotiating and drafting retail, office, warehouse, corporate leases, and other real estate related agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and general contract review. You will have prepared and drafted documents, forms, notices, letter agreements, and provided legal advice and guidance to clients or other teams.
- You will have excellent written and communication skills and the ability to work with all team members in a collaborative respectful manner.
- Membership in ICSC, other professional associations, legal and other relationships in retail world, a plus.
- Knowledge of construction and architectural agreements a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in area of lease administration processes/procedures a plus.
- Financial and practical business acumen a plus.
- You must have excellent computer skills and be able to adapt to new systems and processes.