Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Class A Truck Driver:
- Competitive starting pay; $23.65 per hour
- Local driving so home every day
- Amazing Medical/Dental at very low weekly deductions
- Stable Union position with pension for retirement
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available to take advantage of
Class A Truck Driver Position Summary:
Responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, delivery of product to designated locations. Must possess clean verifiable Class A driver’s license, knowledge of and compliance of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as State and/or Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations. Record and maintain documents required by the Company and DOT.
Class A Truck Driver Principal Accountabilities:
- Attend regularly and on time to this position with a five (5) day work schedule, 8 hours a day including weekends and split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
- Associate is required to load equipment from Sales Centers and count the number of dollies, blue baskets and grey baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned, on the back of the Trip Sheet.
- Load, unload, and reload trailers with product. May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
- Perform these functions utilizing safe work practices and high customer focus.
- Utilize powered material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
- Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver's Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, trip sheets and related necessary documents.
- Reports any issues or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule for Hire:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; days off vary
- Shift Start Time: Varies
Internal Position: Transport Driver
Keywords: Truck Driver, Route Driver, Class A Driver, Delivery Driver
Preferred Qualifications for the Class A Truck Driver are:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
- Must possess a valid Class A driver’s license
- This position requires two (2) years’ experience driving tractor-trailers including doubles, no accidents or points in last two years, clean Class A, M.V.R.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records required by the company and the FMCSR
- Must pass DOT Physical and DOT Road Test
- Truck driving school helpful but not necessary
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the Job Description
- Must be at least 21 years of age
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.