COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Senior Engineer, DevOps
Presidio is seeking a Senior Engineer, DevOps to join our growing team in a remote capacity. Presidio's DevOps practice is focused on building teams and systems which enable organizations to create cloud-native applications. A successful candidate will join our team, working directly with clients, enabling software engineering and DevOps teams by building the platforms they need and training them on how to use them. You must possess a strong working knowledge of DevOps tooling, cloud-native development patterns, and conventions, and be able to coach organizations through the end-to-end lifecycle of microservices.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible to administer, operate, and maintain the core IT environment of the Presidio vSOC team. You will have the capability to work effectively in a result driven environment, both independently and as a team member; ability to interact well with all levels of management and technical resources. Self-motivation and dedication to objectives is essential. The position will participate on an on-call rotation and may be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations. The candidate will be expected to interact with peers and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure issues are resolved per internal and contracted SLA’s related to the Managed Security Solutions.
- Lead and direct DevOps team members to successfully monitor and report in real time the status of the Presidio vSOC core environment, to include decision-quality statistics on both internal and client data
- Build processes that magnify the benefits of existing Presidio vSOC tools
- Develop documentation and/or direct development to explain the architecture of Presidio vSOC tools, especially around data flows and organization
- Use methods such as coding, scripting, data collection, data management, and custom-dashboards to assist in the creation of decision-quality business intelligence for Presidio vSOC stakeholders and clients
- Use methods such as scripting, data collection, data management, and custom-dashboards to assist in driving business efficiencies and time-saving capabilities for Presidio vSOC stakeholders and clients
- Develop and review Presidio vSOC reporting and SLO goals, and verify Presidio vSOC intelligence platforms are accurately reporting on and meeting these goals
- Lead the operation and maintenance of the Presidio vSOC core environment, including installation, configuration, backups, and general health maintenance of major components
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production.
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment.
- Design and build a state-of-the-art managed cyber security service.
- Proficiency with source control (git).
- Fluency in writing complex SQL, Mongo, and Elasticsearch queries.
- Hands-on experience with Linux.
- Experience with containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Compose, etc.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate technical information in using non-technical language
- Strong data management and collection skills in working with technologies such as APIs, Microsoft SQL, and others
- Ability to stay current with latest trends in system administration and data quality for on-premise and cloud solutions
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements and develop associated documentation and system administration methods
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills
- Previous experience with any combination of the following: Syslog, TCP/IP, Networking, Linux/Unix, Windows, Active Directory, Database Activity Monitoring, MS SQL, Oracle, SAN architecture, advanced networking
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience using Elasticsearch (as a consumer, non-administrative).
- Experience developing complex Logstash pipelines.
- Experience developing Kibana visualizations.
- Experience using and administering Kafka.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Interest in automating and maturing security operations (DevSecOps).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience and/or military experience.
- 5+ years work experience in a DevOps or similar role
- 4+ years of experience working with AWS or Azure.
- Strong experience implementing end-to-end DevOps pipelines, especially pipeline creation/management for CI/CD, continuous testing, and automation of deployment.
- Strong experience in Linux shell scripting and Windows PowerShell.
- Intermediate-level Python developer (4+ years).
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio’s 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineer, DevOps
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineer, DevOps (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineer, DevOps for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Engineer, DevOps.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.