To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bastrop, LA 71220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Laboratory
Community Hospital Corp • Bastrop, LA
Posted 1 month ago
Director of Laboratory
Morehouse General Hospital, Bastrop, LA
The primary purpose of the Lab Director is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operations of the Laboratory in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of clinical laboratory experience
- Minimum 2 years in a management position in the laboratory
- Must possess the capability of developing, evaluating, and performing laboratory procedures using a high degree of independent judgment.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a B.S. in Science from a recognized college or university
Certification as a Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or eligible
The Director of Lab must be licensed by the State of Louisiana as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Generalist or Specialist
- Establishes and interprets policies and procedures for all operating functions of the Laboratory and a supply procurement and inventory program for the overall laboratory operation.
- Establishes and maintains a quality control and quality assurance program for each laboratory operating function.
- The laboratory program should be consistent with and compatible with other quality review programs of each specific institution.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with primary customers of the laboratory, including physicians, vendors, suppliers, patients, and others
- Develops and monitors operating and capital budgets.
- Establishes and maintains all appropriate accounting and reporting systems as required by the organization to include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, capital acquisition, payroll, benefits, procedure coding, billing cost control programs, and monitoring systems and transcription.
- Enhances revenue and maximizes laboratory reimbursement by continually evaluating and monitoring payer systems.
- Recruits, hires, and schedules qualified staff to effectively operate the laboratory, including providing orientation and training.
- Is responsible for the overall laboratory physical facility, including design, development, and modification of existing and new facilities.
- Ensures adequate safety measures and protocols are in place.
- Evaluates new procedures for replacement or addition to the existing test menu and considers and develops new business opportunities in the laboratory field.