UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Employee Relations Analyst will provide day-to-day support on a variety of employee relations issues, and is responsible for policy interpretation, information gathering, and resolution of issues consistent with UnitedHealth Group’s (UHG) model of employment policies and practices.
The position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, strong verbal/written communication skills, analytical problem solving, and time management and negotiating skills. A Sr. ER Analyst will consult with peers, ER Case Managers, ER Managers/Directors, and Human Capital Partners for opinions and precedent, and will be responsible for accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data to meet deadlines and commitments. The Sr. ER Analyst will handle incoming calls up to 3 hours a day, while managing their caseload, and ensuring cases are documented in the case management system.
If you are located in Mountain or Pacific time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consults with Human Capital Partners, Managers, and Employees to provide guidance on the employee
- Handles performance, disciplinary, and termination issues for managers while following the appropriate case escalation and notification guidelines based on the subject matter
- Completes research from all available resources for due diligence in an effort to mitigate risk
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching questions and exploring answers and alternative solutions, and consulting with others, as needed, prior to recommending appropriate actions
- Sense of urgency and competency to handle emergency “One Breath” situations according to UHG protocols
- Effectively and efficiently handles a call schedule of 1.5 to 2.5 hours per day from employees or managers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in employee relations
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment law; working knowledge in ADA, FLSA, EEO
- Able to work Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm Mountain Time Zone, 8:00am-5:00pm for Pacific Time Zone and 7:00am-6:00pm
- BS or BA Degree
- Possess solid Windows, Excel, Word, PeopleSoft skills
- History of consulting and able to work independently
- Solid verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Independent, analytical decision-making based on knowledge and thorough interpretation of policy/practice
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.