We are immediately seeking a Scrum Master who is a self-starter, highly organized and has a strong drive for quality. This position will support one of our highly regarded financial services groups and a major global investor in the Frederick MD area.
If you are in the job market, and open to this opportunity, please let us know ASAP! This position will move quickly. To apply, submit your updated resume to URL blocked - click to apply, and a recruiter will be in touch. The job description is below for your convenience.
Client: Cutting Edge Technology Company
Location: Frederick, MD (Onsite)
Compensation: Competitive based on experience (Hourly and salary flexibility)
Duration: Full time and permanent with the client after 6 months on contract with Apex Systems
Interviews: 1 In Person interview 6/24-6/27
Start Date: July 2019
- Support the product development process: Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress within the agreed reporting framework
- Support and enforce the Agile methodology and framework used by the project team
- Fulfill the role of the Scrum Master, leading product development teams in the delivery of business critical, enterprise software development projects to our production systems
- Ensure the Scrum Framework is implemented effectively and assist with internal and external communication to improve transparency
- Assist with product backlog maintenance as needed and assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools and best practices
- Identify and remove impediments, facilitate team discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide support with risk management, release management, facilitate release planning activities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customer’s lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience working as part of the Scrum team as a Scrum Master
- Minimum of 9 years of experience working in an IT related projects/programs
- Experience teaching others how to become Agile and/or taking a team from Waterfall to Agile
- Certification: Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Ability to understand technical legacy systems and associated component functionalities.
- Experience with application development, application planning, and deployment.
- Experience leading efforts to prepare life cycle documents, including Use Cases, Requirements System Design Alternatives, System Development Plans, Detailed Design Specifications, and Implementation Plans
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Remove Organizational Impediment
Apply Scrum Principle
Build Trust Environment
Implement Agile Methodology
Lead Scrum Team
Manage Product Backlog