A Fire Protection Services company is seeking a Sprinkler Technician Helper in the Lancaster, PA area.
Job Title - Service Technician Helper
Industry - Fire Protection/Prevention
Pay Rate – $13-16 per hour
Service radius for jobs = ~ 2-hour radius (Can head straight to jobs from home. Some days you may be required to travel to multiple jobs)
Shift: First shift. Will fluctuate depending on job.
Overtime: Yes, at times. Most weekend work is voluntary.
3 most important things client needs this person to have - 1.) Mechanical, building and construction knowledge 2.) familiarization with hand/power tools 3.) must be physically fit and have good physical strength
Job Description/Duties –
*MUST BE OKAY WORKING AT HEIGHTS FOR THIS POSITION*
*MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND RESPECTABLE DRIVING RECORD
- Using, supplying or holding materials and/or tools
- Assist in installation of various fire protection systems for commercial buildings
- Usage of wrenches and other large hand tools to help install hangers, pipe, fittings, and various materials.
- Lifting and setting up ladders, scaffolding
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading. Help assemble and secure pipes, tubes and fittings.
- Clean and modify current sprinkler systems
*Climate conditions vary widely from finished condition space indoors to exterior work in all seasons of the year. Work is rarely cancelled due to weather. Versatility in all climates and temperatures is a must.
*Heights vary widely. Work is done on various types of ladders, scaffolding, aerial platforms, and extended boom lifts. A person should be comfortable at heights from ground work to 50 feet, however most work occurs between ground and 35 feet elevation.
- Will more or less assist technicians in day-to-day duties of job. Will also perform clean-up and other general labor duties, as instructed by technicians/supervisors.
Physical Demands - Should be able to lift and carry up to 150 lbs., push/pull up to 100 lbs
Benefits: 401K (up to 3% match), dental/vision coverage, healthcare
All candidates must submit to preemployment drug screen and background check for consideration.
Please submit resume if interested in this great opportunity!