To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior AF Specialty Advisor
AF Group • Lansing, MI
Posted 19 days ago
This position serves as an advisor for AF Specialty, focusing on business growth and profitability through acquisitions, new markets and business opportunity development, including fronting relationships and insurance captives. Responsibilities include the creation and refinement of a business case, implementation and supporting the execution of the approved business plan. Specific responsibilities are for alternative market growth and profit enhancement over the short-, medium- and long-term to drive the enterprise strategic growth planning. Role will also play a support function in the performance management and reporting of results on existing deals
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support for new market development and expansion, including creating supporting business cases and acting as a liaison to departments involved in fronting and captive solutions.
- Identifies, prioritizes and assesses new business opportunities related to fronting and captive solutions.
- Supports due diligence, negotiations, and business integration and performance management of all fronting and captive relationships.
- Participates in strategic and operational business and financial plans designed to meet long-term goals and objectives and provides synergy with the parent's strategic diversification and risk plan.
- Works with the team to plans and recommend strategies to achieve maximum market penetration consistent with operating division's financial objectives.
- Ensures efficiency of operations and quality service. Creates and maintains a highly productive and competitive work environment.
Performs other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
Bachelor's degree in insurance, business or a related field is required. MBA designation and advanced insurance certification preferred. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Minimum seven years of progressive multi-faceted experience with U.S. P&C products evaluating and planning strategies to solve management and business problems, including developing operational and strategic plans. Five years of progressively increasing leadership responsibilities including responsibilities for profit and growth. Entrepreneur experience a plus.
Additional Experience for the Senior Advisor:
Minimum ten years of progressive multi-faceted experience with U.S. P&C products evaluating and planning strategies to solve management and business problems, including developing operational and strategic plans. Five years of progressively increasing leadership responsibilities including responsibilities for profit and growth. Entrepreneur experience a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, and senior level skills in managing ambiguous situations and issues.
- Thorough knowledge in commercial underwriting and/or workers' compensation underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge in product development, proposal and renewal development, risk assessment, group experience evaluation, and plan design and rating.
- Knowledge of activities, practices and terminology of the insurance industry, preferably workers compensation, and relevant legal and administrative procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the insurance industry competitive environment.
- Ability to negotiate and establish a personal rapport with opposing parties, and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and management data.
- Thorough knowledge of budget preparation and financial management.
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated drive, determination, and persistence to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Presentation skills and confidence to present division and product in one-on-one settings or to large gatherings.
- A commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Additional SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES for the Senior Advisor:
- Extensive knowledge of insurance and underwriting environment across all lines of business (casualty / property -- admitted / non-admitted -- assigned risk), pricing platforms (guaranteed cost, deductibles, self - insured retentions, retro's, captives, programs, predictive models, non-risk bearing fronts, excess / use of reinsurance) internationally.
• Extensive knowledge in identifying and implementing new market opportunities Inclusive of products, pricing platforms, territories, alternative markets. Understanding of problem markets.
- Detailed knowledge conducting industry/competitive intelligence analysis and research.
- Ability to analyze information and synthesize information for broad consumption.
- Technical acumen, ability to command technical content and audiences.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to appropriately manage resources, budgets, issues, and risks for the successful completion of projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to successfully function in a team environment.
- Ability to understand business needs and conceptualize an information system that supports those business strategies.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.