To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 5 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT Company Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Clearance: Secret Clearance Location: Pax River, MD Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
- The Mechanical Engineer will assist the customer with performance of mechanical engineering design and production support from project inception through construction.
- Design and technical competence in developing and the production of complete Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications, for new and renovation projects.
- Responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by the CWS under this contract
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years of specialized experience in mechanical and plumbing schematic design and design development, evaluation of new and existing commercial facilities, industrial and health care facilities similar to the building types prevalent in the Customer’s Area of Responsibility.
Experience in the following:
- Design and reviewing of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems.
- Main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems.
- Secret Clearance required
- Have good or master skills and experience in AUTOCAD.
- Ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors.
- Ability to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
- Ability to design DDC control systems including production of the sequences of operation, point lists and control diagrams.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to provide engineering solutions to problems when requested by the Government.
- Familiarity with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects, be able to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers, and to review other mechanical engineers' work for code compliance and constructability
- Working knowledge in design and reviewing of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge with main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems.
- Working knowledge of the SpecIntact and ability to produce and edit specification for design projects.
- Working knowledge of the latest UFCs, UFGS, NFPA, International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Job ID: 1900000289
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.