Job Title: Lead, Cyber Intelligence (Cyber IT Systems Engineer)
Job ID: IMS20221611-93617
Job Location: Plano, TX
As a Cyber IT Systems Engineer
, you will perform and manage complex technical work in support of Windows/RHEL/VMware computing environments. In this role, you will be the resident RHEL subject matter expert (SME) for the design/development, testing and validation process through production. Cyber IT Systems Engineer will leverage industry standard automation tools with the vision of engineering & deploying a cloud solution in support of program objectives in the future.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- RHEL Engineer manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Evaluates vendor products and recommends purchases consistent with the organization's short and long-term objectives.
- Develops and implements infrastructure policies and ensures adherence to security procedures.
- Create system backup management of system configurations, network resiliency, and infrastructure resiliency plans.
- Define the system upgrade plans and make ready for future additions with minimal disturbance.
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures.
- Engineering lead, providing mentorship raining of new technologies to system administrators.
- Proactively look to improve areas of deficiency and provide improvements to current systems and processes.
- Perform work in accordance with established IT System Administration/Engineering, user, security, and regulatory requirements (JSIG, NIST 800 series, and DOD Manuals volume 1-4, etc.
- Plan and execute automation of system activities.
- Develop, track and present technical performance metrics for IT systems.
- Design and analyze appropriate system loading based on requirements.
- Perform cost analysis of required equipment.
- Interface with development teams to determine future growth needs.
- Support the maintenance of IT systems as needed.
- Present design reviews to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in cost and technical proposal activities.
- Execute the automation strategy and deliver products that represent workflows.
- Work with team members to identify and mitigate risks to successful product integration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances or program accesses as required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Up to 5% travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizenship
- Existing DoD clearance with current 6 year update
- Minimum 9 years of experience in a related IT system administration & networking field
- Minimum 7 years of experience creating and implementing IT systems that meet JSIG standards
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- Must possess experience diagramming solutions and documenting processes and standards.
- Must possess experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Must possess experience in IT systems engineering and architecture
- Must possess experience with scripting and/or automation (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, Python, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Must possess experience with networking concepts (i.e. subnetting, protocols, WAN connectivity, virtual networks)
- Must possess experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Fedora)
- DoD 8570 Compliant (Minimum certified in CompTIA Security+)
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree and/or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience with industry frameworks and methodologies: ITIL/Agile/Scrum/DevOps/SRE
- Experience with application containerization (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience with Configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience designing and implementing cloud computing infrastructure
- Experience with cloud security & governance (i.e. ACLs / Firewalls / Policy)
- Experience using source code repositories like GitHub
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Agile Methodology