Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
CLS Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary
As a member of the Shared Services department, the Senior Staff Accountant contributes specialized knowledge in the shared services accounting process including inter-company and inter-unit transactions. The Senior Staff Accountant supports the period close process as well as prepares and interprets results for business operations during the period, quarter, and year-end close process as well as coordination and consolidation of financial data needed for use in these processes.
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
- Reviews financial data to ensure it is in compliance with MVCI's policies and procedures.
- Completes period end closing process, including journal entries, financial statement activity and reporting for all appropriate departments.
- Performs reconciliations, journal entries, and related research.
- Ensures necessary adjusting journal entries are completed in timely manner.
- Holds periodic review meetings with department managers to identify and resolve outstanding issues.
- Prepares period end operating statement and balance sheet management reports.
- Responsible for MIP-66 account reconciliations
- Assists department managers in the completion of their budget models and forecast requests.
- Responsibilities also include providing ad hoc reports for management.
- Assists with preparation of audit work papers
- Performs special projects as required.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows: Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- BS/BA in accounting preferred or equivalent on-the-job-experience.
- Proficiency in PC-based applications, including Excel, MS access and Word.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to reconcile accounts and explain variances.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented highly-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.