WE POWER HOMES, LIFT CONTAINERS, MOVE DIRT, CHIP TREES, PUMP OIL, AND DELIVER PACKAGES - AND THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING.
PSI is a growing and innovative engine manufacturer with global reach, located in Wood Dale. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and team oriented professionals to help us achieve our goals.
Assist the Accounting manager by preparing journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Assist with accounting related general ledger and other special projects assigned by management.
Responsibilities include the following:
- The Staff Accountant will primarily assist with monthly close processes and procedures.
- Assist with various month-end closing procedures including preparing journal entries and related supporting schedules (Specific accounting areas include cash, debt, prepaid expenses and various other accrual calculations).
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Create various finance and accounting ad-hoc reports and analysis.
- Work on various special projects and perform other accounting assignments as needed.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with Internal Audit and the Accounting Manager to support the remediation process around internal controls
Education Experience and/or Qualifications
- BS in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Entry Level experience in public accounting and/or manufacturing industry accounting and finance.
- CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with higher levels of difficulty.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. PSI believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, military status, protected Veterans status, Vietnam Era Veterans status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Standard Accounting Practices