The Director of Facilities and Marina is directly responsible for the daily operation of the Facilities and Marina departments and facility management of the resort as well as the Fall Creek Marina & Campground (FCMC). ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules repairs and maintenance to ensure continuous production operations.
- Reviews and schedules work activities.
- Prepares department budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Interfaces with other department heads on work priorities and activities.
- Interacts with general and sub-contractors on projects for the resort and FCMC.
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance and facility programs.
- Plans, develops, and implements procedures to improve operations of Facilities for the resort and FCMC.
- Reviews production and ensures quality control through facilities reports and statistics to plan and modify activities.
- Responsible for OSHA compliance, fire department permit and codes, and life safety systems and functions for the resort and FCMC.
- Complies with all regulatory agency requirements to maintain required permits and/or licenses for the resort and FCMC.
- Maintains inventory and replaces parts room assets, as necessary for the resort and FCMC.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Serves as the property key master.
- Resolves grievances.
- Oversees special projects from inception to completion.
- Responsible for the maintenance and condition of the fleet of boat rentals.
- Oversees operations of the public dock, including the slip rentals and bait tackle shop within the marina.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the RV campground, shower house, laundry facility, swimming pool, and playground.
- Responsible for the basic maintenance functions at the marina and RV campground.
- Responsible for slip, guide, and boat reservations.
- Assists guests with checking out products from the rental fleet.
- Performs accurate cash register transactions.
- Provides guidance that is accurate and up-to-date regarding local lakes, sites, and attractions.
- Offers fishing advice to members, owners, and guests utilizing the marina.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Technical/Trade school certification related to facilities maintenance, or equivalent experience in related field.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in the facilities, maintenance, and/or marina field required.
- A minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in the facilities, maintenance, and/or marina field required.
This position spends the majority of the time (50% or more) achieving organization objectives, often through the coordinate achievements of subordinate staff. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks related similar to those performed by direct reports, but primary duties are supervisory or organizational-goal related. Analyzes and resolves problems, determines work techniques, monitors for regulatory compliance, maintains production, interprets and creates policies, and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge.
Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with independence, and makes decisions on matters of significant importance. Manages human, financial, and/or physical resources; proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action; develops systems to ensure subordinates adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with organizational goals and objectives.
Specific supervisory duties include, but are not limited to the following:
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Determines and creates policies, procedures, and manuals for direct reports.
- Establishes objectives and goals for the team; plans, organizes, and manages work flow.
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews work; evaluates direct report’s performance.
- Recruits, interviews, trains, disciplines, and terminates direct reports.
- Orientates and trains direct reports.
- Approves time records and time off requests; submits payroll for direct reports.
- Investigates and resolves concerns and complaints.
- Provides assistance and support; maintains a positive and professional working environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification.
- CPR/AED Certification (Adult, Infant, and Child Rescue).
- Universal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification.
- OSHA 30.
- First Aid Certification.
- Driver’s Licenses (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Maintains knowledge of boating operations and state boating regulations.
- Possesses knowledge of basic combustible engines.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Basic math skills.
- Cash handling skills (the ability to count currency, make and count back change).
Automated External Defibrillator